Plain and Fancy
"Cookie cutter" cookie dough
Confectioners' sugar icing
Oval cookie cutter
Mini chocolate chips
1. Roll out dough between two sheets of waxed
2. Peel off top sheet.
3. Cut out ovals of dough with a cookie cutter
- use a round biscuit cutter that you flattened into an oval as a cutter..
4. Chill ovals of dough in the refrigerator
for ten minutes.
5. Place a cooled oval on a working surface
and cut out hedgehog's face with a small cutter. I used the top of a honey jar for a
large hedgehog and the top of a spice jar for a smaller oval.
6. Bake the little critters 8
to 10 minutes at 350 degrees!
7. When they are soft from the oven, press a
sliced almond into the cookie for the ear and make the eye with a toothpick.
8. When almost cool add a mini chocolate chip
to the snout.
9. To make a fancy hedgehog --it's
crunchy!--ice with your favorite frosting and press chopped pecans into the icing before