Hedgehogs Plain and Fancy
1. Roll out dough between two sheets of waxed
2. Peel off top sheet.
3. Cut out ovals of dough with a cookie cutter
- use a round biscuit cutter that you flattened into an oval as a cutter..
4. Chill ovals of dough in the refrigerator
for ten minutes.
5. Place a cooled oval on a working surface
and cut out hedgehog's face with a small cutter. I used the top of a honey jar for a
large hedgehog and the top of a spice jar for a smaller oval.
6. Bake the little critters 8
to 10 minutes at 350 degrees!
7. When they are soft from the oven, press a
sliced almond into the cookie for the ear and make the eye with a toothpick.
8. When almost cool add a mini chocolate chip
to the snout.
9. To make a fancy hedgehog --it's crunchy!--ice with your favorite frosting and press chopped pecans into the icing before it hardens.