1. Read Town Mouse, Country Mouse.
2. Click here to review the parts of a Friendly Letter.
(heading, greeting, body, closing, signature)
3. Pretend that you are the town mouse and your teacher is the country mouse.
Write a letter to your cousin, the country mouse. In your letter, tell about your visit to
the country. Remember to include all parts of a friendly letter.
4. Have your teacher check your letter before you go to the next step.
5. Click here to go to Jan Brett's e-mail site for
6. Select the card you would like to send.
7. Type in the address information including your teacher's e-mail address.
8. Type your letter and check your work. Have your teacher or a buddy check your work,
9. Click on the send button to "mail" your postcard.
When you are finished, you may click here to print a piece of
Jan Brett's stationary and write a friendly letter to a friend. .