1. The title of the story is
2. The orchestra was going to play at _________________________
3. Berlioz was having a little problem with his double bass.
______________________ was coming from his double bass.
4. All the musicians climbed aboard
5. All Berlioz could think about was what if his bass
during the ball.
6. Berlioz picked up the reins and clucked to the mule.
What does the phrase, "clucked to the mule" mean?
7. Suddenly, Berlioz has a new problem.
8. What made the problem even greater was that
9. The first animal to try to help was
10. Next was the tabby, which means
11. Berlioz begins to think they will not get to the ball on time.
He tells everyone to
12. Then a schnauzer comes along,
meaning a ____________________ .
13. Now Berlioz hands out the music and tells everyone to
14. Along came a prancing
______________ _________________ .
15. A __________ ____________ thought
it would be easy to move the mule.
16. Berlioz tugged at his ears because _______________________________
17. A large _______ came lumbering
18. The mule would not
19. until zum...zum...buzz...buzzzz. A
very angry ________ shot out of the bass.
20. The bee made the mule jump up and pull the bandwagon out of the hole,
down the road and into the village square before
21. "Encore, Berlioz! Encore!" What does this mean?
This test was created by Shirley Wilborne