|Overview: In this activity,
you will create a Venn Diagram to compare and contrast The Hat and The
1. Read The Hat and The Mitten.
2. Click here learn what a Venn
Diagram is and how to make one.
3. Use your back button in your browser to return to
4. Click here to go the Jan Brett's Home Page. Once there,
read the booknotes for both stories.
6. Create a Venn Diagram. How are these books
alike? How are they different? Be sure to compare and contrast the following;
animals, illustrations, borders, plot, setting.
What your teacher will be looking for:
Did you follow the directions?
Did you use information gathered from Jan Brett's Home Page
to complete the activity.
Did you compare and contrast at least three things from the
Did you use your best handwriting?
Did you check your work before turning it in to the teacher?
It's your turn to give the grades.
After you have completed at least one activity, tell us what you think.
Click on the notepad
to give this website a grade.